We didn’t think the globally established and proven project management method that is PRINCE2® could be improved, but AXELOS have proved us wrong.
In this bundle we have included both the accredited PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner online training courses. With this bundle you still start with the very beginning at a foundation level, then once you have passed your PRINCE2® Foundation examination you will be able to proceed to the PRINCE2® Practitioner training, where you will develop your newly founded skills into more advanced concepts.
At its heart PRINCE2® 2017 is very similar to the previous version (PRINCE2® 2009), but some small changes can make a big difference.
- PRINCE2® 2017 has a greater focus on the PRINCE2 principles
- Greater clarity on the link between the themes and principles
- Increased emphasis on tailoring to take account different environments such as complex commercial projects and those using Agile techniques
- Restructuring of the themes guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring
- The practical application of the guidance, with numerous examples, hints, and tips
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments 2) is a methodology that prioritises control, organisation, quality, reliability and efficiency.
It was originally derived from the government standard of IT project management methodology known as PROMPT II, and was then developed and used outside of the industry after being redefined for more general project management. The UK Government now adopt PRINCE2® methodology in several departments.
Since then, PRINCE2® has become one of the most popular methodologies in the world, over 1,000,000 people have now taken their exams.
Unlimited access for 6 months
Access anywhere, any time
Fast effective training, written and designed by industry experts
Track your progress with our Learning Management System
Save money, time and travel costs
Learn at your own pace and leisure
Easier to retain knowledge and revise topics than traditional methods
Exam preparation quizzes, tests and mock exams to ensure that you are 100% ready
£599.00Add to cart
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS limited. All rights reserved.
The Accredited PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation Training
This foundation course covers all of the official 2017 syllabus, which includes the following elements:
Introduction to projects and PRINCE2® – explains what makes projects different from BAU and introduces the four integrated elements of PRINCE2®
The 7 Principles:
Continued Business Justification
Learn from Experience
Defined Roles and Responsibilities
Manage by Stages
Manage by Exception
Focus on Products
Tailor to the Project Environment
The 7 Themes:
Business Case – wy are we investing in the project?
Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
Risk – managing uncertainty
Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
The 7 Processes:
Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
Controlling a Stage – day-to-day project manager’s work
Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
Closing a Project – tidy close
Detailed Information on 2 Techniques:
Product Based Planning
Quality review Technique
The Accredited PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner Training
This practitioner course covers the entire official syllabus for practitioner level, with a focus on applying the method. The course includes the following elements:
Detailed Explanation / Preparation for the Practitioner Exams:
- Guidance on the practitioner exam / question styles
- Guidance on how to prepare you manual for the exam
- Subject by subject guidance on key aspects examined
- Exam hints and tips
Refresh on the 7 Principles:
Refresh on key points of the 7 Themes:
- Business Case – why are we investing in the project?
- Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
- Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
- Risk – managing uncertainty
- Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
- Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
Refresh on key points regarding the 7 Processes:
- Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
- Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
- Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
- Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
- Controlling a Stage -day-to-day project manager’s work
- Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
- Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
- Closing a Project – tidy close
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
Microsoft Windows XP, or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
OSX/iOS 6 or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
Internet bandwidth of 1Mb or faster
Flash player or a browser with HTML5 video capabilities (We recommend Google Chrome)